I am a Professor for Computational Statistics at the Department of Statistics at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich. I like to work in data science, machine learning and everything computational in statistics.
You can find some more information about me on my Curriculum Vitae.
Institut für Statistik
Room 341, 3rd floor
Phone: +49 89 2180 3165
bernd.bischl [at] stat.uni-muenchen.de
Schedule an appointment
- share your Google Calendar
- book yourself into a free slot on monday; in an urgent case, use calendly for a free slot on an other day
- previous bullet point applies for bachelor and master theses, too
- Machine Learning
- Support Vector Machines and Kernel Methods
- Variable Selection
- Model-based Optimization, Kriging and Expected Improvement
- Algorithm Selection
- Algorithm Configuration / Tuning
- R and Statistical Software Development
You Can Find me on
Dissertation. It is cumulative, so I encourage you look at my published papers.
See publications for references.