This is the website for the working group Computational Statistics at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
Prof. Dr. Bernd Bischl is head of the working group since summer 2015.
Our research areas of interest are
- predictive modelling, especially non-linear classification and regression
- ensemble techniques
- statistical / machine learning
- statistical computing and computational statistics
- model- and variable selection
- expensive black-box optimization
- bayesian optimization
- statistical software development
The group also organizes the Münchner R Kurse, which are training courses on statistics, data science and programming in R.
Join our external mailing list to get updates on social events and workshops!
Institut für Statistik
Tel: +49 89 2180 2814 (administration)
Fax: +49 89 2180 5308
- 2018-09-10: The paper “Visualizing the Feature Importance for Black Box Models” by Giuseppe Casalicchio, Christoph Molnar, Bernd Bischl was accepted and presented at the ECML-PKDD 2018 conference. LINK
- 2018-09-01: Thomas Seidl (LMU), Bernd Bischl (LMU) and Daniel Cremers (TUM) will lead the Munich Center for Machine Learning (MCML).
- 2018-07-14: Stefan Coors took part in the International Workshop on Automatic Machine Learning with the paper on Automatic Gradient Boosting.
- 2018-07-05: The Compstat group was invited to WhyR 2018, where we gave talks about several parts of the mlr ecosystem. For more info see the mlr Blog.
- 2018-06-27: The paper “iml - An R package for Interpretable Machine Learning” by Christoph Molnar, Giuseppe Casalicchio, Bernd Bischl was published at JOSS. LINK
- 2018-05-01: Stefan Coors started his Ph.D. in the working group computational statistics. He works on ordinal regression and methods for automatic machine learning.
- 2018-05-01: Our working group is part of the newly created Data Science@LMU Professional Certificate Program.
- 2018-04-01: Daniel Schalk started his Ph.D. in the working group computational statistics. He will work on Federated Learning and Differential Privacy.
- 2018-04-01: Florian Pfisterer started his Ph.D. in the working group computational statistics. He will work on Automatic Machine Learning.
- 2018-01-01: Christoph Molnar received a fellowship from Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern
- 2018-01-01: We have created a new lecture Introduction to Machine Learning for statistics students