This is the website for the working group Computational Statistics at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
Prof. Dr. Bernd Bischl is head of the working group since summer 2015.
Our research areas of interest are
- predictive modelling, especially non-linear classification and regression
- ensemble techniques
- statistical / machine learning
- statistical computing and computational statistics
- model- and variable selection
- expensive black-box optimization
- bayesian optimization
- statistical software development
The group also organizes the Münchner R Kurse, which are training courses on statistics, data science and programming in R.
Join our external mailing list to get updates on social events and workshops!
Institut für Statistik
Tel: +49 89 2180 2814 (administration)
Fax: +49 89 2180 5308
- 2017-10-02: Course Catalog for winter semester 2017/18
- 2017-05-15: Gradient boosting for distributional regression: faster tuning and improved variable selection via noncyclical updates just got accepted by Statistics & Computing: LINK
- 2017-03-28: The multilabel paper got accepted by the R Journal. Link to the paper: LINK
- 2017-03-15: Bernd gave two invited talks about Bayesian Optimization, Algorithm Configuration and Hyperparameter Tuning at the Spring School on Optimization and Data Science
- 2017-03-06: The mlr Workshop 2017 takes place in Munich: LINK